You may know the depths of despair, but it’s also possible to know the depths of abundance.
The latter will take a while, and it may seem counterintuitive.
Be with others. Let yourself be guided. You will be shown the way.
Abundance will see you through.
–A love letter from mySelf to myself
Lisa Meuser, Co-creator of Integrative Healing and Matri Integration
You may know the depths of despair, but it’s also possible to know the depths of abundance.
MATRIX INTEGRATION EXPLORATION 3
Remembering the Depth of our Inner Voices:
an exploration of building capacity with shadow and trusting abundance
The text below describes the MIE3 program details. Please email me with questions and/or for an application LLMEUSER@me.com. There is a video/audio of this document here:
This Exploration is for you if:
*You crave to experience more of your own light
*You are ready to move from a life of scarcity, deprivation and fear
*You desire to get intimate with your shadow, and no longer be afraid of its darkness
*The hunger for abundance won’t let you be
*You are ready to trust, and let others support and grow with you
*You desire something new- to level up
*You have a sense that there is a way, and are ready to discover that way
While I have always craved to know the sweet fullness of life, I have spent a lot of my life in the shadows of scarcity, deprivation, and fear. I didn’t know how to be real with the depth of these shadows- or worse yet feel it- so I hid it… even from myself. I was afraid of this darkness, thinking it was me.
I did my best to either be numb, or be performatively positive, as a way to avoid, and as a way to cope I developed masks.
Masks are not impenetrable, though, and I had a hunger inside that wouldn’t let me be. And here’s something unsuspecting: the richness of abundance also has a hunger.
Abundance hungers for us. This hunger took me through horrible times, and with the help of others, it also led me towards the light of love and liberation.
As a trauma survivor, who historically has not trusted others (for very good reason!) and was also raised to be a proud “by the bootstraps” fierce individualist type of person, it took courage for me to finally say, “My way isn’t working. Maybe someone else has some different ideas,” and to let others support and guide me. It is courageous to try out something new, to just see what happens, when it comes to our lives, our money, our time.
And yet, if we want change in our lives, we must do something different, and connect with someone or some people who are doing things differently than we are.
A few of years ago, as the mask I had been wearing continued to fall away, the hunger I had for abundance, and the hunger abundance had for me, became undeniably ready for a level jump. I moved beyond the transformative small group and 1:1 work I was doing, and co-created a community with purpose:
Matrix Integration Exploration (MIE). Together we connected with ourselves and each other using practices that rewired our neural pathways, taught us how to recalibrate our nervous systems, and opened us up to the field of abundance without denying the shadow.
Year 1 was a success: we had learned how to be empowered participants in our own lives, together. MIE had a dramatic effect on how I viewed therapy, healing and transformation, and by the time year 2 was over I could no longer doubt that something profoundly unique was going on with all of us. MIE 1 and MIE2 taught me that when we slow down and lovingly and compassionately connect with our inner shadows, in community, we naturally open ourselves up in such a way that we allow abundance to have us.
It is a relief, and a gift, to tap into this bounty of co-creativity and connection, especially in times as turbulent as these.
As we head into year three, I am so passionate about and committed to the power of community-oriented engagement that I have all but paused accepting new clients who are not ready to move past the individual oriented therapeutic
model and return to our roots of healthy interdependency. Not that I’ve ever been allied with western therapeutic models, but my own decolonization process has deepened since MIE began.
MIE3 will ignite in late March of 2023. Together, we will learn about our shadows with conscious, embodied attention, simultaneously discovering the realm of co-occurring expansive abundance. In doing so, we will tap into a new way of Being.
On the journey of living a chosen, empowered life, we are required to be in integrity. While this can often be challenging, because we live in a denialist culture that is rooted in blame and avoidance, it is the most sane and expansive way to live.
Having community makes it easier, because we quickly realize that we’re not alone in this journey- that others are also on a path of deepening. We are a tribal species, designed to learn, grow and evolve together:
being in community ushers forth new possibility and changes everything in our quest to know liberation.
We become well connected, together, in Matrix Integration Exploration- and that changes everything.
You’ll apply to be in this exploration if:
*You are ready to be an empowered participant in your own life
*You are called to slow down to connect with your shadows
*You sense there is a bounty of co-creativity and connection waiting for you
*You want to return to our roots of healthy interdependency
*You want to discover and live into the realm of abundance
What We’ll Learn
In this Exploration you will learn how to tap into a field of abundance that is always here, that is always sustaining us, and that never runs out. But first, we will learn how to slow down. We cannot truly receive support, support others, or know and love ourselves until we experientially learn that we are safe to slow down in presence.
As we learn this, we will discover that slowing down is necessary in disrupting the violence and oppression within our own psyches, with our clients, as well as in this world. This is transformational work, and you will have a community of practice to support you along the way.
We will learn and grow and support each other. Included in our time together, we will:
- Learn about who we are, where we’ve come from, and how that impacts how we live in the world and how the world lives in us. We will cognitively and consciously somatically explore these territories together.
- Learn how to do simple consensual inquiry (an inquiry that I developed) with oneself and others. This inquiry will also help you to slow down and connect with curious questions without agenda, even when you or your client is in crisis.
- Use practices that are rooted in vagus nerve/ nervous system health, which increase self-awareness, and pave the way for having a healthy nervous system and sustained access to our somatic awareness, so that we may remember another co-existing reality of abundance, compassion and well-being.
- Actively engage in a transformative wisdom-based narrative that centers well-being.
- Learn how to be present with oneself and others through a compassionate lens of allowance, without agenda, even while having challenging/uncomfortable sensations and fearful thoughts.
- Learn how to engage in the transformative art of changing the orientation of our attention.
- Learn that it is safe to connect to other human beings through our community of practice.
- Learn how to be empowered, conscious and active with our families, friends, and in the world.
- So much more!
Nuts and Bolts
You will be supported throughout our eight months together via:
- 16 (60-90 minute) private 1:1 sessions which will model the transformative power of Presence, Compassion and Curiosity. (Two per month, one with me, and one with Julia Stolk, my co-collaborator.)
- Personal email and text exchanges with us will provide personal support as needed.
- 12 or more group live gatherings (all group calls will be recorded, which will be yours to review as resonates) ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Please email me for a complete list of dates/times.
- Support staff and guest teachers, some of whom are Remember Institute master teachers to augment your learning and practicing.
- Book, audio, and video selections which center transformative voices. We will study them together to enhance our deepening.
- A social media platform off Facebook with which to connect with your peers and engage in your practices.
The intimacy in both the 1:1 and group exchanges make this a comprehensive Exploration, utilizing neuropathic and nervous system re-learning. We meet frequently and consistently, using a variety of learning approaches and practices to support your evolution.
*Tap into and know the field of abundance that is always here
*The direct experience and practices to slow down
*How to be in and live as presence
*Learn Consensual Inquiry
I utilize a sliding scale option, based on what you can afford: $3,500- $4,500. Those who pay the full rate will allow me to fund scholarships. I require a $500 deposit. Payment arrangements can be set up. To facilitate exponential growth and learning, this Exploration will be limited to 20 participants. Now is the time to bring profound possibility into your life.
Check out these recent YouTubes where I talk about the content of the Explorations:
Questions? Email me LLMEUSER@ME.COM